Sunday, December 5, 2010

Invitation to a Beheading

I read Invitation to a Beheading by Vladimir Nabokov over the summer. I've got this habit of finding extremely famous authors and then reading the books that didn't make them famous. I learned this summer that that was a habit I needed to stop. It was one of the hardest reads of my life, and not because it was dense or overly wordy. It just didn't make sense.  It was probably the trippiest book I've ever read in my life, and that's saying a lot, seeing as how I've read ridiculous amounts of Kafka. It was like simultaneously injecting yourself with methamphetamine, mushrooms, and rainbows.

  
"We likes methamphetamine, yes we does, precious"


So if you're one of the 13 people in the world who've read it, I'm sorry, I feel your pain. If you  haven't read it, please don't, for your sake.

And the real reason I made this blog post was so that I could post a picture of Gollum saying something.

1 comment:

  1. I loooove yoour bannerrrr!

    And I've actually been meaning to read Lolita...how cliche, right?

    ReplyDelete