Monday, January 17, 2011

Batman

Have you ever wanted to be someone else?
That's a stupid question, of course you have. Everyone's wanted to be someone else at some point in their life. I mean, I wouldn't trade my entire life for anyone else's, but when I'm at the grocery store and there's one item on the top shelf that I can't reach, boy do I wish I was Yao Ming. Or when I'm trying to mount a successful rescue mission and some asshole wearing heavy makeup comes in and ruins my plans, I really wish I was Batman.

I'm serious because you kill everyone, asshole
Well actually, I kinda always wish I was Batman. Just so no one is confused, I'm talking about Christopher Nolan's Batman, not the monstrosities that Joel Schumacher created.

Currently enjoys a 3.5 rating on IMDB, which,as everyone knows, is the most reliable source for all movie information.





No, I don't want my parents to die and leave me to be raised by my butler. No, I don't want the love of my life to be blown up by a psychopathic clown. No, I don't want to go through years of training in some remote mountaintop in Bhutan. But ignoring all that, being Batman would be pretty awesome.

He's the best superhero, mostly because he's actually a fucking human. Every trait you ever wished you had, Batman has. He's motivated, athletic, cool, and rich (for the sake of this blog, being rich is a character trait ). Everything he does is epic.

He could be on the brink of death, facing odds that seem insurmountable and fighting villains that seem invincible, but deep in the recesses of your heart, you know it's going to be OK. You know that Batman can't die; he can't be defeated. He's more than just a man in a suit, he's a symbol of everything we want to be, but for some reason can't.

This post just took a turn from lighthearted to serious, so I'm going to end it abruptly with a picture of the inspiring effects Batman has on people.

"Evil? I laugh in the face of evil!"

No comments:

Post a Comment